We are now less than 24 hours away from the "acoustic cover/grilled saussage" sessions (maybe I should rename this whole thing "Grillapalooza" ?) tomorrow evening.
Would anyone be surprised anyone if I said that I'm ready ?
Yeah, right, me too.
Well, as usual I always tend to focus on the areas which would still be more work, but let's face it I think we should be able to avoid a complete nuclear meltdown (although I don't make any promises on the saussage front).
I have worked out what the live set should be, chosen the right voice/guitar FX (only one word: chorus is the way to go) and decided on which short to clean. And most importantly I have also settled on the final setlist of covers, as follows:
- One (U2)
- Umbrella (Rihanna)
- Let me entertain you/Sympathy for the Devil (R.Williams/Stones)
- Paparazzi (Lady Gaga)
- Haven't met you yet (M.Buble)
- Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode)
- Street spirit (Radiohead)
- Yellow (Coldplay)
- I will survive (G.Gaynor/Cake)
- Ne me quittes pas (J.Brel)
- Wonderwall (Oasis)
- Use Somebody (Kings of Leon)
- It ain't over till it's over (L.Kravitz)
- Long Train Running/Un peu de ton Amour (Doobie Brothers/Telephone)
I will attempt (first time lucky ?) to record the whole proceedings for immortality and future posting. And we have also been working on something else for the wedding night so there might be some bonus.
As always, keep rocking, I sure will do my best not to drop the SG into the BBQ.