I have my first engagement as a wedding singer and will be playing for my lovely sister in law's wedding (well, actually more like the pre-wedding barbecue but BBQ singer did not quite have the same ring to it) at the end of September.
Which means one month of furious reherseal left before and many, many questions about what will be the best songs to play. I have given it quite a lot of thoughts and I actually plan to share some of these in a future post.
But in the meantime, here is the setlist I have been working on; as you will see it includes a few new songs:
- One (U2 cover)
- Umbrella (Rihanna cover)
- Let me entertain you/Sympathy for the Devil (Robbie Williams/Stones cover)
- Papparazzi (Lady Gaga cover)
- Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode cover)
- Haven't met you yet (Michael Buble cover)
- Street spirit (Radiohead cover)
- I will survive (Gloria Gaynor/Cake cover)
- Long Train Running/Unpeu de ton Amour (Doobie Brothers/Telephone cover)
- Ne me quitte pas (Jacques Brel cover)
- Yellow (Coldplay cover)
- Wonderwall (Oasis cover)
- It ain't over till it's over (Lenny Kravitz cover)
- I love rock'n'roll/We will rock you (Joan Jett/Queen cover)
I'm sure there will be more hesitations and probably some last minutes changes. Did I forget anything ? I'm still wondering if I should add granny's rap from the Wedding Singer movie (now what you hear is not a test I'm rapping to te beat ...).