Especially musicians I would say, starting with myself.
So, now that the first demo has been finished (what, didn't listen to it yet ?) and the show is on the road, it is time to start planning ahead. What am I going to work on over the next few months decades ?
Here is a quick run-through what is cooking in BARON ZERO's kitchen:
- NOMAD'S LAND: first priority is to record all the songs I have in stock and put together enough material for an album, hopefully by the end of the year. I will probably put out an EP with the best songs first.
- LIVE AT HUTAB: "one voice, one guitar and 19 classics reinvented". Since last year, I've been sitting on close to 20 songs recorded during my last acoustic concert; I'm planning to mix them into an album which I will make available on this blog.
- IN THE SHADOWS: talking about "classics reinvented", I still have in the back of my mind to make an album of covers a la Baron Zero.This would include some of the songs I have played live but in full electric versions.
- REMIXES: again an idea I had for a while which is to ask a number of people to make remixes of some of the songs. Should include "Positive" for a release on World Aids Day (still haven't forgotten about the "Indie music against AIDS" idea).
- COLLABORATIONS: more to come on this at some point, but I'm likely to be involved in a few side projects as singer and in a completly new musical direction. This should ne a lot of fun !
So what do you think, this is obviously enough to keep me busy throughout this life and the next: what should be the priorities ?